Proper surface preparation is essential before applying any type of industrial coating. The quality of the final product will be dependent upon prepping the surface appropriately for the type of coating it will receive.
The experts at J&J General Maintenance may use one of the following surface preparation procedures according to the needs of the project:
- An abrasive material is blasted onto the surface in order to remove undesired pollutants and create the appropriate surface texture.
- Zinc Phosphating
- Zinc Phosphating creates a protective wall against oxidation when the metal has been treated.
- Anodizing both strengthens the metal surface by thickening its natural oxide layer, and increases its capacity to hold on to adhesives.
- Iron Phosphating
- Prepares the metal to receive coating.
- Vibratory Finishing
- An inexpensive finishing method, vibratory finishing is accomplished by placing metal parts into a vibrating bowl containing abrasive materials.
J&J General Maintenance also provides surface preparation in the areas of power tool cleaning and vacuuming, steam cleaning, chemical cleaning and stripping, and high pressure water cleaning.